2021 Handwoven Kitchen Towel Exchange
HGA Individual, Family, Student and Professional Artists members are invited to participate in a weaving exchange and increase your handwoven towel stash. Participants will each send five towels and will receive five wonderful new towels. Not a member? Join today! For registration assistance please call HGA at (678) 730-0010 Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM EST.
Towels should be woven from cotton (unmercerized is preferable for kitchen towels), linen, hemp, bamboo, or any combination of these fibers.
Towels should be hemmed (either hand-sewn or machine-sewn).
Wash your towels so that shrinkage has been addressed.
Finished (after washing and hemming) minimum measurements are to be 18” x 25”.
- Weave five towels.
- Include five (5) printed one-page information sheets with your name, contact information, and the draft for your weaving, along with thread samples and sources. There should be one for each towel. Insert each information sheet in a sheet protector to keep it flat and neat while shipping.
Email a digital copy of your information sheet to the exchange administrator (to compile a complete listing of all towels entered). Instructions will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
Ship your towels beginning August 1, 2021 and must be received by the exchange administrator no later than August 31, 2021. Instructions for mailing will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
DO NOT MAIL TO HGA. Your towels will not be received.
Towels will be exchanged and returned by September 30, 2021.
- Current HGA Student, Individual, Family, or Professional Artist Membership. Not a member? Join today!
- Participant fee of $20 to cover return priority-mail shipping (international participants will have their towels returned via first class mail) and administrative fees.
- Participants will be invited by email to join the Facebook group for the 2021 exchange so you can share and communicate with each other.
- Participants will be invited to participate in a Zoom event during Spinning & Weaving Week (October 4-11, 2021).
|Neon CRM by Neon One|